Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip

 
Yes, you read that right. COOKIE DOUGH DIP! I saw this recipe on addapinch.com (via Pinterest) and knew I just had to try it. It was super easy to make and I also tweaked and doubled the recipe for a party I was going to.

Ingredients

This dip is made in 3 easy steps.  The part that takes the longest (at least in the winter) is softening the butter. It's crazy how much longer it takes, and I always forget and then end up rushed for time.  If this happens to you, pop your butter in the microwave and heat at 5 second intervals (took 2 times for me).  That way it's quick, and you don't end up with melted butter.

Creamed Butter and Cream Cheese

Once your butter and cream cheese is softened, you cream them both together until they are completely combined. I used a stand mixer as it is much easier than doing it by hand.



Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla next, mixing until well combined. Be careful with the powdered sugar as it 'puffs' and can be pretty messy.

Mixed and ready for the chocolate chips!

I always add chocolate chips last to any cookie related recipe for two reasons. The first being, I like to taste the batter to check the flavor before the chocolate takes over. The second reason is because I like to play around with the amounts of chocolate chips I use. I like lots!
Adding the Chocolate Chips

Once the chocolate chips are added, I put the dip in a serving bowl and refrigerated it until the party so it would be chilled. You could have eaten it right away, but I thought it would be better colder. 
YUMMY

The dip was a big hit, and it seemed like everyone really liked it. I served it with chocolate graham crackers, but I was told by a few people that they would have enjoyed it with just a spoon. I doubled the recipe, but I'm giving you the recipe for a single batch.

Recipe:
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
8 oz package softened Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
6oz Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (half a regular size package)

Cream together butter and cream cheese.
Add Sugars and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add chocolate chips (more or less to your preference) and mix.
Serve immediately or chilled with graham crackers.

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment