Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Oreo Stuffed Blondie Bars


Once again, my blog has fallen to the wayside. This recipe I made for Thanksgiving and I have THREE I have to post from Christmas.  I don't know how other bloggers find the time to post every week (sometimes twice a week!!!). Between taking care of my two girls, studying and everyday stuff, I am pretty busy!!
Anyway... back to the task at hand.  I made these delicious bars for my family's Thanksgiving dinner.  If you haven't noticed from previous posts, I love the combination of oreo's and chocolate chip cookies. Or any 'stuffed' dessert. Stuffed dessert are fun because you get a little surprise in the middle.
Ingredients
 
I actually made these two ways. As I have posted before, I have a sister and a niece who don't like chocolate. So when making these, I decided to make a portion with white chocolate chips and golden Oreo's. I also used (as you can see from the picture) the Holiday Oreo's. I really like using the colored Oreo's for recipes when they are available because they look really neat. Now, like my last recipe, I pretty much slacked on my picture taking. Hopefully my instructions are enough!!
 
As with almost any cookie based recipe, your first step is softening your butter.  Then you add your sugars to the butter and mix together until creamy. Then add your egg and vanilla and mix well. Add all your dry ingredients (save chocolate chips) and mix until combined. It should look like the below picture.
All Mixed 
At this point, I took out about a 1/4- 1/3of my dough and put it in a separate bowl.
 

Separated dough
Add 1 1/2cups chocolate chips to your first bowl and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips to your second bowl and mix well. Now you don't have to do this unless you are making it 2 ways like I did. If you are just doing this recipe 1 way, add 2 cups chocolate chips to your dough. Once it's mixed, press half of your mixture into the bottom of a greased pan (I am pretty sure I used a 9x13). Place your Oreo's on top of the dough and press down slightly. It's ok if they break. It should look like the below picture.
 
Then take the remainder of your dough and press it over the Oreo's making sure they are covered completely.
All covered!
I tried to keep my two mixtures separated as you can see in the above picture. Obviously if you were just doing one, you wouldn't have them separated.  Once you have your dough all set, put it in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30min until they are just starting to brown.
All Done
 
Allow to cool before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container.
 
Recipe:
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips (I used 1 1/2 cups chocolate and 1/2 white chocolate)
Oreos (you can use as many as you want, I used 8 golden and 9 regular)
 
Preheat oven to 350
Soften butter
Cream butter and sugars together
Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well
Add flour, salt and baking powder until combined
Mix in chocolate chips
Press half of the dough into greased baking dish
Place cookies on dough and press down lightly
Add remaining dough over cookies, spreading until the dough covers the cookies.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30minutes.
Cool before cutting into bars.
Close-up of the white chocolate Golden Oreo Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment