Friday, February 14, 2014

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies are the second cookie I made for Christmas and Santa.  I love M&M cookies. I saw this recipe posted on Pinterest for 'Perfect M&M Cookies'. And they looked so good that I wanted to try them out.
Ingredients 

Now the recipe called for a special ingredient: Vanilla pudding mix.  Supposedly, adding the pudding mix keeps the cookie soft and fluffy and gives you a perfect shaped cookie. That didn't exactly happen with mine, but I'll explain that later.

First you soften your butter to room temperature. Once it is softened, add your sugars and blend until creamy.  Add your eggs and vanilla and mix well. Then comes your dry ingredients!
Big helper adding the pudding mix

Now, when I added all the dry ingredients and mixed it, it came out pretty dry/crumbly. So, I will recommend starting with less flour than the original recipe called for, and then adding more if you need it. I'll include directions in the recipe that follows. After you have the dry ingredients added and mixed, you are ready to add your candy and chocolate chips!
Chocolate Chips go in! 
M&M's added! 
YUMMY
Mix the M&M's and chocolate chips in until combined. You can see in the below picture that my dough was too dry, there isn't enough 'stickiness' to hold on to the chips and m&m's.


I used a cookie dough scoop and placed the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I used a pretty small one, but you can use whatever size you want.
Ready for the oven

My first batch barely spread, so for all my other batches, I flattened the dough slightly with the bottom of a glass. When they were all done they looked like the below picture.

All done!

Now, these cookies still tasted pretty good, I just think they would be even better had there not been too much flour. I actually joked that they ended up looking a lot like Keebler cookies!

Recipe:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour  *Start with 2 1/2 and add more if too sticky. DO NOT exceed 3 cups*
6 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix (INSTANT)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
2 cups (or more LOL) mini M&M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line baking sheet with parchment paper
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add Flour (Again, start with less and then add more), pudding mix, baking soda, salt and stir to combine.
Add Chocolate chips and M&M's and mix in.
Use cookie dough scoop or rounded tablespoon and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
After 10min of cooling, transfer to cooling rack.
Another cookie picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment