Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Perfect Roast Beef Rub


I know I don't post too many savory recipes. It's amusing because I actually cook probably 75-90% of our dinners. This is one recipe I found that I really enjoy. I love roast beef, prime rib and this recipe is actually a prime rib rub that I use on roast beef. It's really good, and has a nice subtle kick to it.
Ingredients for rub
Put all your spices in a small bowl.
Mix well, making sure spices are evenly combined.

Stir in olive oil. Your mixture should resemble the following picture.
Let your mixture sit for 15 minutes before putting it on your meat.

Beef, all ready for coating
Spoon your mixture over your beef, covering it completely. It should look like the below picture.
Once it is all coated, you are ready to cook. I usually bake my roasts at 325 degrees for about an hour and then check it every few minutes until it is at the temp I like. 

All done!
I like my beef medium rare and this came out pretty perfect.  And my girls had double helpings of meat so that is always a plus!!

Serving Suggestion =)

Recipe:
1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
3lb beef (I used a 5lb top round roast and doubled the rub recipe)

Place all your spices in a small bowl and combine
Add olive oil and mix well
Let mixture sit for 15 minutes
Spoon mixture over beef.
Cook beef to your preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment