Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know, I know. I have been awful at updating my blog. You would not believe the amount of recipes I have that I need to put on here. Some are over a year old!!  These cookies though, I made this past week. They were so good. As with all my stuffed cookies, they came out extremely larger than I intended, but they were so worth it!

I made these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies for the first Bryant Football game of the season. It's been a long time since I've made cookies for Craig and his staff and it was fun to try a new recipe for them.

As  with a lot of cookie recipes, this one starts with some nice softened butter. Then you add your brown sugar and white sugar.


By the way, I have to show off my new favorite spatula. Pretty fitting right? 

Beat your softened butter and sugars for about 1-2 minutes until nice and fluffy. It should resemble the following picture. 
Then add your eggs and vanilla and mix well ( I did not take a picture of this).

Now it's time to add your dry ingredients. I rarely if ever use a seperate bowl. I just pile them on top of each other and mix. 
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. It should look like the picture below.
Then, my favorite part: CHOCOLATE CHIPS! 
 Mix the Chocolate chips in until combined (like below) 
Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for an hour. While you are doing this, unwrap some caramels. I unwrapped way more than I needed as I only made 10 huge cookies. But my girls didn't complain.

Yum

Once your dough has chilled, you are ready to make your cookies.  Take about 3 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Repeat for a second ball of dough.
Stick a caramel partway into your ball of dough like the below picture.

Cover the caramel using the second ball of dough and form it into one large ball of dough like the following picture.  
SEE HOW BIG?!?!

I literally could only fit 5 cookie balls on a pan at once. I'm not sure, maybe next time I will try less dough, but my girls loved the HUGE cookies. Bake the cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.

All Baked

You want to pop the cookies out while they are still soft and sprinkle them with sea salt. Because mine were so large, I actually popped them out at about 10 minutes, sprinkled them with the salt and popped them back in the oven until they were done.

Trying to get a view of the salt.

Like I said, these were REALLY good.  I love Salted Caramel and I thought they really added an extra kick to a basic chocolate chip cookie. Even eaten the next day they were still very good. Just not as gooey. Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and I hope to try a new pumpkin cookie next month (when my husband has his next home game). But until then, I will try to update my other recipes!

Recipe: Adapted from: Salted Caramel CC Cookies
12 TB softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 3.4 oz box Vanilla Instant pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12 oz bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Soft caramels (I used 10 Kraft square caramels), unwrapped
Sea salt

Soften Butter
Add Sugars and beat with electric mixer until fluffy
Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Stir in Chocolate Chips
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Unwrap caramels
Take 3 TB of dough and roll into ball, repeat for second ball.
Place one caramel square into one ball and press in slightly.
Cover with second ball and roll to form one large ball.
Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake 10-15 minutes, take out when still soft and sprinkle with sea salt.
Allow to cool and enjoy!


1 comment: