Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake

After my cupcake frenzy last weekend, I had promised myself I would eat better this weekend.  Well, after a VERY stressful day Thursday, I cheated.  Then today Craig and I splurged and got Sushi for dinner. It was DELISH. I haven't had sushi in months, and when I did, it was raw-fish free (thanks pregnancy!).  So I was super excited for it. The only bad was that once I was done eating, I was hungry like 30min later. So we decided to make something little and sweet that we could all split. I searched on the interweb and found a recipe for 90 second nutella chocolate cake. I hate nutella, so I thought... Why not replace it with peanut butter?? End result? Chocolatey warm yummy-ness. It was also really quick and easy to make.
Ingredients (short the egg)


Now I've made these mug/ramekin chocolate things (like brownies) before and have HATED them. I always thought that the batter would smell nice, but once cooked, it always tasted less than stellar.  For some reason (glutton for punishment maybe?) I keep trying them.  I thought that with the peanut butter, this one would maybe taste better than the others. If not, well hey, there's always a first time for a "This was nasty" post. Course not this time =0)
So you take all the ingredients and mix them together in a small bowl. I added chocolate chips because EVERYTHING is better with chocolate chips. You then pour your batter into a greased mug or ramekin. I used a ramekin.
All lovin, no oven!

Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute. That should cook it all the way through, if not, cook for 15 second intervals. I've had to do that a few times with the mug recipes. You can either pop the cake out on to a plate to eat, or eat it right out of the dish. We chose to eat it right out of the ramekin. It actually was a lot better than I expected. It was very moist and the chocolate chips added a nice surprise into each bite. Craig said he was surprised by how good it was. It didn't have as much of a peanut butter flavor as I thought it would. The batter smelled REALLY peanut buttery, but the end result wasn't that strong. I'd add more peanut butter if I make this again.

Recipe:
1TBS Cocoa Powder
1TBS Flour
1TBS Brown Sugar
1/4tsp Baking Soda
2TBS Peanut Butter
1 Egg
Large Handful Chocolate Chips (more or less to your preference) 

Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. 
Add Chocolate Chips
Pour batter into greased ramekin/mug
Cook in Microwave on high 1 min. (15 second intervals after if not cooked completely)
Eat immediately and enjoy!

Hope you guys like this spur-of-the-moment dessert as much as we did! And stay tuned tomorrow for my Blueberry French Toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment