Friday, July 20, 2012

Individual Deep Dish Cookie






I'll admit it. I'm a little obsessed with individual desserts. Especially cookie variations. It's seriously like the perfect little amount for when you are feeling like something sweet, but don't want to make an entire batch of cookies.

I'd say the best part of this recipe is not having to wait for the butter to soften. In this case, you just microwave it. Once it's totally melted, you add your sugars to it.
Butter and Sugar

 Mix the sugar and butter together and then you add one egg YOLK. Ok, this was the hardest part for me. I almost crushed both egg yolks trying to separate the whites from the yolk. I've hardly had to do that in my recipes so it's not something I am used to, or good at, doing. Once you have the yolk, add it to your butter/sugar mixture, add vanilla and stir.

Mixing the egg in

Once the yolk is all mixed, you throw in your flour and salt and then stir. Just like in my last recipe, everything is done in a single bowl. Easy peasy. 








 
With dry ingredients added

After you've thoroughly mixed everything together you can add your chocolate chips, nuts, candy.. Whatever you feel like throwing in! I did 1 tablespoon of Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon mini M&M's. Stir those in and then scoop it all out and into a ramekin (or mug). It does not have to be greased unless you plan on taking  it out of the ramekin. We ate our straight out so we didn't bother with the grease.

  Ready for the microwave!

Microwave for 40-60 seconds and....
DONE!!!!

They came out really good. I always like mine slightly soft (and by soft I mean somewhat gooey) so I only microwaved it for 40seconds.  We also topped ours with ice cream.  If I had had hot fudge I would have thrown some of that on there too.  All in all, it's an easy, fast and yummy desert!

Recipe:
1 Tablespoon Butter (melted)
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
3 Drops Vanilla (I just guesstimated)
Pinch of salt
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips, Candy, Nuts

In a small bowl, mix together butter and sugar.
Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
Add Flour and salt, mix well.
Fold in Chocolate chips (or candy, nuts)
Put dough in Microwave safe ramekin or mug
Microwave 40-60 seconds
Eat while warm!
*Optional.. top with ice cream!!!

Enjoy and hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment