Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slutty Brownie Cups


A couple months ago, I made these Chocolate Chip Cookie & Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars. This recipe is a spin/updated version of that.  These came out MUCH better than the bars did. It also uses boxed brownie mix, and refrigerated cookie dough so the prep time isn't as long as the bars.

 Ingredients 

I'm sure you all are wondering about the name.  Well, Chocolate Chip Cookie & Oreo Fudge Brownie is super long. Like SUPER long.  And in an interview, Jessica Simpson called them Slutty Brownie bars. One quick internet search showed me that a lot of people do indeed call them Slutty Brownies. So, voila: Slutty Brownie Cups!

The first thing you want to do is grease your muffin pan. And grease it well. You want to make sure these babies come out of the pan in one piece (more on that fun later). Once it's greased you want to smash 1 1/2 pieces of cookie dough into the bottom of each muffin cup.





Once you have the cookie dough all set, place one Oreo in the middle of each cup and press down to incorporate it into the cookie dough. You do not want it to just be sitting on top.  We used double stuffed Oreo's but you may want to use original because the double stuffed Oreos did take up a LOT of the space in the cups.

Ready for the chocolate topping

You are now ready for the brownie portion! You could probably have the brownie mix ready to go before this point, but I had forgotten about it until I was ready for it.  You just prepare the brownie mix according to the box. No variations required. My favorite boxed mix is Betty Crocker's Dark Chocolate.  Once your mix is prepared you spoon it over the oreo & cookie dough until the cups are 3/4 of the way filled. 


As you can tell from the above picture, my cups were filled to the brim. DON'T DO THIS!  I had major overflow and it made this first batch almost impossible to get out of the pan in one piece. My second batch, which I failed to photo before cooking, were filled much better.  You cook this for about 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 

All Done
 How the inside looked

Once you've let them cool completely, you are ready to remove the Slutty Brownie Cups from the pan. I used a butter knife to scrape around the edges and then just popped them out. The first batch went awful, but the second batch was MUCH easier to get out.
On a side note... I don't have a recipe really for this, but I did have leftover cookie dough and brownie mix after I had filled all my muffin cups. So with the leftovers I filled a greased mini muffin pan with brownie mix (each cup about 1/2 filled) then pushed in about 1/4 of a piece of cookie dough, then topped with more brownie mix (so now it's 3/4 filled), then baked for 18 minutes.  So I had mini cookie dough filled brownie bites! 

Mini Cookie Dough filled Brownie Bites

Since I had made a double batch of the Slutty Brownie Cups, we had TONS. I made them for a 4th of July cookout and I kid you not, every one of them was eaten by the next morning. Including my Cookie Dough Brownie Bites. Even all the rejects got eaten. So if that isn't a sign that these were delish, I don't know what is!

Recipe: *single batch*
1 box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (prepare according to box)
1 pkg Ready to Bake Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (24 count)
12 Double Stuffed Oreo's

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
Grease muffin pan generously
Smash 1 1/2 pieces of cookie dough in each muffin cup
Top each one with an oreo and press down slightly
Prepare Brownie Mix according to box
Top each cup with brownie mix, filling cup to 3/4 filled.
Bake for 18 minutes.
Cool COMPLETELY before removing.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment