Tuesday, August 6, 2013

S'mores Cookie Bars

 
 
 
Anyone that has seen my Pinterest boards knows that I LOVE S'mores. I pin just about anything S'mores related that I see. They are seriously one of my favorite desserts and I have made them a couple different ways (check out THIS recipe).  I then saw a picture posted on Pinterest of S'mores paired with chocolate chip cookies. HEAVEN! They also looked extreamly easy, so I knew we had to try them.
 
INGREDIENTS
 
 
I used two smaller (8x8 i think) square pans for this recipe. Lay down the graham crackers first so they cover the bottom of the pans. It should look like the below picture:
 


 
You will probably use about 9 graham crackers total.  Once you have that done, take your cookie dough and spread it out on parchment paper so that it is a thin layer. You want to spread it out to the size of your pan. Then place the cookie dough on top of your graham cracker.


Bake that at 350 degrees for about 9 min, or until they are mostly cooked through. Once it's done cooking, break up your chocolate bar and spread it over the top. I'm not exactly sure how much chocolate I used, but it's really up to you. I probably used about all 6 for two pans. But we love chocolate in my family! Then add your marshmallows. The marshmallows should totally cover the top.
All covered in marshmallow goodness!
 


Bake in the oven (which should still be at 350 degrees) until the marshmallows are brown and puffy. I like my marshmallows a bit crispy, so I went until the edges were darker.
ALL DONE!
 
Surprisingly, this cut into squares really easily.  Since I made them for a Halloween Party (and yes I know I'm just now blogging this and it's almost Halloween AGAIN), being able to have them cut up and not fall apart was great. And less messy for little hands!!

RECIPE
About 9 Graham Crackers
Hershey's Chocolate Bars (6 pack)
1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
1 Tube Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Lay graham crackers in bottom of 2 8x8 pans or one larger pan.
Flatten cookie dough and lay over graham crackers.
Bake at 350 Degrees for 9 min until Cookie dough has mostly cooked through
Drop chocolate pieces over top.
Cover entire top of pan with Marshmallows.
Bake at 350 Degrees until marshmallows are brown and puffy.
Let cool and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment